Saturday, October 23, 2010

To live in a glass

Literally!!!

My default home page is yahoo. It's for good reason. I always see something interesting. And today, I saw these beautiful modern homes for sale from yahoo real estate.

And my! What a beauty they all are. I have two favorites:

~~~

"Art and Surf" - Montauk, NY
For Sale: $12,500,000

Journey out to the end of Long Island, NY to find this modern, oceanfront gem. Enjoy glass-walled open living on the main floor and head upstairs to the private master that is set perpendicular to the main floor. Ceiling-to-floor windows on the main floor can be thrown open to let the sea air in, or to slip into the lap pool and spa. Walk down the stairs to your own private beach.

"The Glass Pavilion" - Santa Barbara, CA
For Sale: $35,000,000

In what architect Steve Hermann calls his "greatest achievement," the "Glass Pavilion" is set within an oak grove on 3.5 acres in Santa Barbara, CA. Glass wraps around the exterior of this 14,000 sq ft home and inside are big, wide-open spaces with contemporary furnishings and design. A wine room can hold several thousand bottles and the expansive art gallery presently contains a vintage car collection that can hold up to 32 cars within its walnut-lined walls.

~~~

If only I could afford this. But then again, you can never be too rich and too thin at the same time, right? I'll just buy some diet pills to help me shed pounds. I don't think I could afford any of these homes in my lifetime anyway.

But then again, who knows, right? I'll try skipping latte today. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment