Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mango as a diet food?

I am first to admit I have no control over food. It's my weakness. I can hardly refuse food when it's in front of me. So it's no surprise that I am a size 8. Sometimes even size 10. Yikes! Yeah, I've contemplated about lipo 6 for her but I am scared of needles and knives so, no thank you.

Anyway, last week, just before dinner I ate one small green mango. I dipped it in salt with chili. Yum!

What's so interesting about this incident is that come dinner time, I had zero craving for food. To think we were having one of my favorite dish, sinigang na hipon - prawn in sour soup. I only ate one piece of prawn and had a small sip of the soup. And that's it!

I was really surprised. Hubby said that anything sour before meal makes you full. Aha! I know what to do now.

I bought another kilo of green mango and ate it just before meal time. It seems to be working. I could only eat like a bird.

The downside is that my teeth are now sensitive. I couldn't eat more green mangoes. Hahahaha!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yaikss, bigla akong naglaway sa mangga dahil sa post mo na ito. Buti na lang may mangga ako - a friend dropped them over galing sa kanilang orchard sa Kien Svay. Gusto mo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thanks but we have mango at home too. May nagbigay din. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, angsarap ng may friends na nagbibigay ng free mangoes no? *smile* R likes the green mango shake that I make for him. Mas masarap daw kesa yung regular ripe mangoes ang gamit. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried it. Pero sabi nga ng american boss ni E, ang sarap daw. He first tried it in Phils. *wink* LOL!

    ReplyDelete