Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Can I add you?

How many social networking sites account do you have? If you're like me, you have more than one. Admittedly I have about four accounts. But a couple of them are inactive. My husband is not even into social networking but he has one account. And he'd justify it by saying it's an enterprise social networking.

Aha!

Seriously though, social networking has evolved since its inception. Before it was only for personal use; for showing off, bragging, gossiping and okay, connecting with long lost friends. It was and still is a powerful tool in connecting people, ideas and sharing information.

After all we live in a digital world.

My husband tells me that they have created a social networking for their own company. He said it's a brilliant idea by their IT department. It is appealing to the employees as it works just like a social networking site. Employees have their own profile, they can do enterprise microblogging like updating their status, posting comments and questions. My husband says that it is an informal way of getting to know everyone in the company. He's really sold on this idea.

And why not? I think it is a great idea too. These employees don't have to hide when they log in to the site. It is legal after all. I will bet efficiency and productivity will increase.

Hmmm...why didn't I think of something like this?

Well, probably because I was busy gossiping and snooping on someone in my "friends" list. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment