Friday, April 29, 2011

What fun!

When I was growing up, Easter Egg Hunting was not part of the Lenten Season for us. I never knew about it until I moved to the city.

Lenten week for us meant going to the church, fasting and just being quiet. It was time to reflect. Yup, even as kids.

Last Sunday, we went to Raffles Hotel Le Royal to have an Easter Sunday Brunch. We particularly chose that hotel because they had an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. We were there last year. We joined the egg hunt too and it was so much fun, we wanted to join again this year.

Last year, we did not win any prize. But last Sunday was different. We were ready for the egg hunt. And we won first prize!!!

I meant, my son won first prize. LOL!

I really had a great time with the egg hunting. They say, you'll never miss something which does not exist before. But they're wrong. I missed not having egg hunting when I was growing up. LOL!

I saw in my son's eyes how excited and happy he was when he won first prize. This is what he got, a big white chocolate egg!

Other kids, even though they did not win, also received kids personalized easter baskets from the hotel.

It was a fun afternoon. Kids and adults alike had a great time.

I hope to be able to join this activity again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment