Friday, February 10, 2012

Cocktail Dresses for Prom Night

When I was in high school, February wasn't much about Valentines. It was more about our prom night. For the girls, it meant planning our cocktail dresses.

I remember, I had to cut out several pictures of dresses from the magazines so I could have a collection of "inspiration" dresses. LOL!

While the girls were in panic mode, the boys were just so cool, then. All they have to do is buy a necktie and a longsleeves and they were set.

My first prom dress looked like nursing uniforms. No offense but to wear that in a prom was tantamount to a lifetime of ridicule.

I burned all evidence that night. Hahahaha!!!

Anyway, I know better now and if I could suggest cocktail dresses to helpless teenagers, here are my picks from Net-a-Porter. Of course, they're just "inspiration" dresses. But if they could afford these dresses, then why not?

ELIZABETH AND JAMES
Paloma paneled silk-georgette dress
$345

HAUTE HIPPIE
One-shoulder silk-georgette mini dress
$385

REBECCA TAYLOR
Tiered satin dress
$425

GUCCI
Floral-appliquéd two-tone silk dress
$2,995

LANVIN
Tiered-fringe silk-satin dress
$5,330

2 comments:

  1. This reminded me of my own prom. And, I had the fugliest dress. For some reason, I wasn't keen on the prom and allowed my mom to decided everything. Can u imagine my horror when she showed up with a bright mint green dress with a huge bow on the waist side. I almost wished there was some nearby bridge I could jump from. Lol. I think I gave away that dress the day after..Hayy..memories..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mint green and huge bow? Woah! Hehehe. Maybe your mom wanted you to stand out that night! =)

    ReplyDelete