Wednesday, January 12, 2011

World peace or 10 pounds off

To lose weight, be it 5 pounds, 10 pounds or more is always a part of new year's resolution of a lot of people. To be honest, it's always one of my NY's resolution. LOL!

I was reading Glamour Magazine (September 2010 issue) yesterday and Glamour's List of 10 Things More Important Than Those Last Five Pounds by Kimberly Bonnel and Pamela Redmond Satran caught my eyes. It's witty, funny and true.

In no order, here's their list:

**Birthday Cake

**Falling in love, running a company, buying a home - you know, the real stuff.

**Dumping the guy who answered, "Uh, yeah, to "Does my butt look big in this?" There, 180 pounds, gone!

**Perspective. It's just five pounds. No need to act like it's 50.

**Friends kind enough to post only the good photos.

**Magic underwear. (Why do you think our grandmas always looked so good?)

**The baby/law degree/743 fabulous Mexican dinners that put the weight on in the first place.

**Going to Paris for the cheese and San Francisco for the sourdough.

**Legs strong enough to hike you all the way to the top.

**World peace. Or even an inner peace.

I am guilty of trying to get rid of the last 10 pounds and guess what? I have never succeeded. LOL!

This year, I promise to enjoy the ride more instead of always trying to find the weight loss pills that work for me.

I guess world peace is much more achievable than me losing the last 10 pounds anyway. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment