Monday, July 18, 2011

Kobe, number 1 no more

Came across an article from Yahoo Sports that says Kobe is no longer America's most popular athlete.

Kobe is one of my favorite athlete. The other one is Michael Jordan. Guess what's my favorite sports? Hahaha!!!

Coincidentaly both Kobe and Michael Jordan are tied at number three spot for most popular athlete. Hmm...interesting.

Here's the complete list:

Male

1. Derek Jeter
2. Peyton Manning
3. (tie) Kobe Bryant
3. (tie) Michael Jordan
5. Tiger Woods
6. Tom Brady
7. (tie) Albert Pujols
7. (tie) Hines Ward
9. Derrick Rose
10. Aaron Rodgers

Female

1. Serena Williams
2. Venus Williams
3. Danica Patrick
4. Maria Sharapova
5. Mia Hamm
6. Anna Kournikova
7. (tie) Martina Navratilova
7. (tie) Sue Bird
9. (tie) Kerry Walsh
9. (tie) Michele Wie

Of the male athletes listed, I am only familiar with three players.

Of the female athletes, I am only familiar with girls who play tennis. Not surprising because tennis is my second fave sports.

Is your favorite player in the list?

2 comments:

  1. I am familiar with basketball players too and a little bit of tennis. Other than that, I don't watch that many sports since Micheal Jordan stopped playing for the Bulls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also stopped watching NBA for a while. And then Kobe started winning championships kaya I watched the sports again =)

    ReplyDelete