Saturday, June 18, 2011

Heard in the fastfood resto

We were in a fastfood restaurant today for lunch. As usual it was full. There were a lot of families with small kids. After all it's Saturday, family day. But there were also young couples and a few backpackers type.

I went directly to the counter to place our order while my husband and son went to look for a vacant spot. After about two minutes they finally sat on a just vacated seat near the AC. Perfect!

It took me a good while to bring our food to the table. The queue was also long and the cashier was new and was easily frazzled. She mixed up my orders. I had to correct her several times.

Anyway, when I was on the way to our table I saw my husband covering my son's ears. Hmmm..I wondered why.

Before I could say anything, hubby said in our local dialect "I had to cover his ears because these two kids (actually guys in early twenties, I guess) beside our table are talking about how to get laid tonight. We heard every word they said and it was getting specific."

Uh oh.

I would have done the same as my husband did. Our son has a tendency to ask (in a loud voice) when he encounters or hears things he does not understand. Big trouble, indeed.

Thankfully, the two guys, probably backpackers were leaving as I sat down. If they weren't on the way out, I would have asked them to lower their voices. There were small kids everywhere.

I was not pissed. I was actually amused with their discussion. Kids. What do they know. Hahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment