Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Follow or Subscribe?

I have not been much active in facebook lately. I am still visible though. I post some random stuff, I like a page or a picture and comment on some of my friends' activities. But I am not that active unlike before.

I could not say I am active in twitter either. I visit the site and post my blog updates there. Once in a while I come up with some totally random stuff and post it in twitter just because I want to. Nah, just kidding.

I follow some inspiring people and read their tweets during my idle time (usually when I am in the car going to pick up my son). It always makes for a very interesting ride on the way to my son's school.

Back to facebook, I just found out today that you can read some celebrity's timeline without being friends with them. I think this has been around for some time now. I am just late. Anyway, to read a celebrity's status update, you just have to subscribe. Or if it is a fanpage, you can click like to get updates as well.

Here are some of the people I "like" or subscribe to:

Mark Zuckerberg - Facebook Founder
Tyra Banks - Supermodel, CEO Bankable Production
Timothy sykes - Business/Economy
Paris Hilton - Celebrity
Britney Spears - Singer

I haven't checked yet if Dalai Lama is on facebook but he is on Twitter so I follow him.

One thing I like about this social network is that it is bridging the gap between ordinary people like me and those people we look up to.

Isn't internet amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment