Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Miss Angola is Miss Universe 2011

Miss Leila Lopes from Angola has been crowned the new Miss Universe 2011 in Sao Paulo, Brazil yesterday.

Photo from yahoo.com

Leila Lopes was a crowd favorite during the pageant. It's no surprise. She's beautiful and she looks confident.

However, I was rooting for a different contestant - Miss Philippines. But of course!

Miss Shamcey Supsup from Philippines was 3rd runner up. I thought she deserved better than 3rd runner up. From where I was watching, it looked like Miss Angola and Miss Philippines were the front runners. So I was disappointed with the result.

Nevertheless, I am proud of Miss Supsup for representing our country well. I wonder though, did the runners up receive some kind of trophies. Or did they get tiaras?

Did you watch the Miss Universe Pageant? Who was your bet?

No comments:

Post a Comment