Monday, October 22, 2012

Uniformed

Travel for me is not just about the destination. It is important for me that I also coordinate my wardrobe with the place I am going to visit.

I am not saying I have to be fashionable. I just want to look nice and not out of place. Guys have it easier. Whatever they wear, they blend in easily. Girls have to make an effort.

For our recent trip to Japan, I made a little research about what people in Tokyo usually wear. I do have this impression that fashion in Japan is more about individuality. And I am right. Japanese have the most unique fashion sense I have ever seen.

The research gave me an idea what to wear during the whole trip. I did not make an overhaul of my wardrobe. I just made sure that what I wear will also be weather appropriate and something that I will be comfortable to wear.

For our Tokyo Disneyland trip, I wore this:


Hubby, at first objected with my choice of clothing. He said I looked like I am wearing one of those restaurant uniforms. Well, he doesn't know anything about fashion anyway. So I just ignored him. And besides, Disney has a Halloween theme that time. I could pretend I was wearing a costume.

When we were inside the theme park, he noticed that a lot of women have almost the same outfit as I have. LOL!

It's nice to blend in with the local but still remain true to your own fashion sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment