Monday, July 19, 2010

Get Fit Anywhere

I've tried going to the gym, running and joining yoga classes. But I couldn't sustain the enthusiasm. After a while, I stop.

I realize I really don't have to go to the gym to be able to work out. I could exercise at home in my own time.

Today I was browsing self.com and saw Jill Wagner's Wipeout Workout. I could definitely add these workouts to my routine.

Stairway Stretch. Walk up and down stairs on the tips of your toes for a simple but effective calf stretch.

Smile and Squat. Stand straight up with your legs shoulder-width apart. With your back straight, body leaning forward bend your knees and lower yourself into squat, don't sit down. Rise back up for 3 sets of 15.

Half-gallon Lunge. Stand straight up, legs together with jugs in both hands at the sides of the body. Extend left leg forward into a lunge with your knee directly over your left heel, right leg stretched behind the body. Return to original position and alternate legs for 3 to 4 sets of 10 on each side. But don't race through these lunges—going slow maximizes your muscles' workout.

For the complete workout, visit self.com

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing...i love the stairway stretch exercise, i think i can do it easily, going up and down! hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practical nga naman itong exercise tips nila. Pag ginawa mo ba itong exercise na ito, naka-outfit ka rin? hihihi Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che, I am sure you can do it! =)

    Zee, hahaha! Itatanong ko rin sana yun eh =)

    ReplyDelete